Thursday, November 10, 2011

Simple pleasures.....

I think it is so fun that little things make me happy!  Like this morning, I was so excited to start my car from inside the house so it would be nice and warm for me and the girls!  Now, normally I park in the garage, but tomorrow we are getting our carpets cleaned so we had moved some furniture to the garage.  Speaking of carpet cleaning....I am super excited about that!  We have lived in our home for 8 years and this will be the first time we have actually had our carpets cleaned!  Yay!!!

I just kind of put together a random list of simple pleasures that make me happy!!

1. My cups with straws

2. letter in the mail
3. an inbox message (OMG....they make me feel so important!!!)
4. Mark insisting we pick something up for dinner
5. Chick Fil A (are you surprised it is that far down on the list???) :)

6. a bubble bath
Do you remember this scene from Friends???  Too funny!!!

7. visiting with a friend
8. a text message
9. finding a holiday movie on TV
10. a fun song on the radio

It's funny...other than the cup or the dinner out...all those things are essentially free.......so why do I look to buy things to make me happy???  Hmmmm.....I'll have to continue to think about that (especially since I have seen some really cute things on Pinterest!!!)  :)  I think what I need to remember is to look for/enjoy the simple pleasures in life and try to bring others happiness too!

Have a wonderful day!!

1 comment:

  1. I love your cute cup! I need one of those. I loved all of your favorite things. They are some of my favorite things also.

    ReplyDelete