Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pageants.....Yikes!!!

Last night was the Jr. Miss Panther Pageant and Autumn was in it!  I never thought I would have a child in a pageant (but I also never thought I would have a daughter that deer hunted).  When she told me she wanted to be in it, I asked why...she said because she wanted to.  I probed deeper...which of your friends are going to be in it.  Her response, um..none, why would I have to do something my friends are doing?  So...we entered the pageant!  :)

Autumn did a get a new dress for the pageant...something she will wear again for Christmas.  She also had to prepare for sportswear...she chose what she wears when she has gymnastics.  Then she had interview.  They asked her what her favorite hobby was and why?  She picked deer hunting, because she gets to go to with her dad.  I know Mark was BEAMING!

Though I never expected my daughter to be in a pageant, I'm not sure I could have been much prouder of her than I was.  The fact she was willing to get up in front of everyone and do that...I am inspired by her confidence and so proud to be her mom.

Sportswear

Dress.....some girls had DEFINITE pageant dresses

Interview!!

My sweetheart...

2 comments:

  1. I wondered what Autumn said in the interview. And I enjoyed the pictures. I really like what she said about her dad. But I also love the fact that although she looks beautiful, she still looks like a girl, if that makes any sense. Plus, I can really see character (in a good sense) on her face. You and Mark have done well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute, I love that she just wanted to do it! That is the best. She looked beautiful. Glad she had fun. Does she want to do another?

    ReplyDelete