Thursday, June 16, 2011

Today.....

The day started off well.  I slept until around 8 and then fixed the girls cereal for breakfast.  (Yep...Mom of the year!!!)  Today is a big day...Autumn leaves for Florida with my mom today.  She is going to Disney World, Sea World, Universal (Harry Potter), and Cocoa Beach!  She will also be staying with my grandmother and grandfather while there.  So, needless to say Autumn is EXCITED!!!  My mom is taking each grandchild when they are 8 on this fun trip, so Allie still has a few years.  Allie, seemed to be craving attention today.

By the time my mom got here, the girls had squabbled and fussed for a while, then they both needed my mom's attention.

Allie has been going to a summer activity through her school this week, so we loaded up to take her and then I would be dropping mom and Autumn off at the airport.  When we got to the school Allie informed me she would walk in by herself, it is what the other big kids do.  WHAT??  Not walk her in?  Is she CRAZY???  So, I stopped just short of the door....and let her go in herself.  DEVASTATED!!!  I WAS DEVASTATED!!!

Then, when I snuck in to check on her....a friend/teacher came over and assured me she made it to her spot...that is when a very nice lady came over and asked me where I got my outfit.  Yea me!!!  :)  I told her Old Navy...she asked when I got it, I told her yesterday, then she said she would have to go get one. I was grinning ear to ear.  Then she pointed to her belly and showed me she was pregnant.  She said she would just have to go and get one!  WHAT???? DO I LOOK PREGNANT????  My mom assured me I don't, and that it is just a loose outfit so it would work well for a pregnant lady.  :(

On to the airport we go....we are about 20 minutes from the airport, but had to stop for Autumn to go to the bathroom...bless her bladder!  Where did we stop?  On the exit for the airport...she just couldn't make it!  We arrived at the airport...she got out and tried not to hug me!!  WHAT???  IS SHE CRAZY???  I then proceeded to take her picture and give her lots of hugs on behalf of her dad and I.

Then onto Wal-Mart where I bought lots of food to make me feel better and help fill out my new outfit!  :(

Tough day!!!  :)

Autumn and I at the airport....she was ready to go!!
Autumn on the plane...her text said...Help me mom!!!
I love this girl!!!

1 comment:

  1. There are days like that! But no one could mistake you for a pregnant person and your kids still need you... trust me on this one!But I know what you are saying - transitions can be tough.

    ReplyDelete