Wednesday, June 8, 2011

End of a school year....

I LOVE my job!!!  I also love summer and I am lucky with my job that I get to have my summers off!!!

The end of the school year is such an exciting time.  I time of anticipation and exhaustion.  My girls had a GREAT year!  They were blessed with wonderful teachers and did GREAT in school.  Autumn has now finished the 3rd grade and received 5 awards at her awards assembly.  She received a variety of awards, but I am very proud of her citizenship award.  I am glad that (for the most part) she knows how to behave properly!  :)
Yea Autumn!!!!


Allie has now finished kindergarten and she received 7 awards at her assembly.  She received an Excellence Award in her class and a good conduct award!!  This is SUPER exciting for me because I was really worried about starting Allie in kindergarten this year because she is younger and I did NOT want to mess her up academically.  In fact, one of the compliments she received at her pre-school was that she was "good with scissors."  I wasn't sure how that would transfer over to kindergarten!  :) Allie even performed in her schools talent show with her friend and they were FABULOUS!!!
Yea Allie!!!


The end of the year also brings people leaving.  A few of my friends/co-workers will be leaving this year.  Between retirement and job changes today was a day of goodbyes.  I know we will keep in touch, but it won't be the same knowing they are not in the building with me!

However, summer is here....and Phineas and Ferb came on and said..."There's a hundred and four days of summer vacation...." don't really think I have that many, but I will gladly take these days!!!  I am looking forward to pool days, catching fire flies, and just being with my girls!!!

2 comments:

  1. Both of your girls have done so well. You and Mark have done a great job with them! Enjoy your time with them at the pool -it's a much needed break and much deserved.

    ReplyDelete