Sunday, June 26, 2011

Just a little thought......

Sometimes I look around and am just amazed at my life.  I look at my girls and wonder how did they become who they are?  Each of my girls have different personalities, yet are so similar.  Sometimes I don't give them as much credit as they deserve or I try get on to them for things that are silly.  But at the end of the day....I could not be prouder to be their mom.

I can't believe Mark and I have been married for 12 years....how did that happen?  That means I have been an adult for 12 years!!!  Incredible!!  The fact that he loves me still....even more awesome!

Today in church there was a segment on hurt and forgiving...getting past things.  It was really good and I know there are things in my life that have hurt me and I know that at times I have hurt others.  My assumption is that none of those hurts were truly intentional.  I don't believe people set out to hurt each other.  Now, I know that hurt happens.....and I know I am guilty of it, but it was never my intent to hurt someone.  Today in church people were encouraged to write their hurts down and put them in a fire....set them free.

It is amazing how we can get so caught up in things and not realize the wonderful things right in front of us.  I am so grateful for my friends and family and so proud to be apart of so many wonderful people's lives.  I can only hope to have as much of a positive impact on those I am around as those around me have on me.  (Does that make sense?)  :)

I encourage you, this week and every week, to give a compliment to someone you normally don't, say a prayer for someone, or even just let someone know how much they mean to you.  It honestly does make you feel better too!  Try to get rid of the hurt and focus on the things that make you smile.

Have a GREAT week!  :)

1 comment:

  1. You have a tender heart and it shows in this... thanks for sharing... needed it!

    ReplyDelete