Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Strength.....

Some people are just so strong.  My husband is SUPER strong.  He is one of those people who can lift/carry anything!!!  I am the one running behind him telling him to becareful, let me (ok...really someone other than me, but I offer to be polite) help!  I just don't want him to get hurt carrying super heavy things.  He amazes me!

Some people are strong spiritually.  These people amaze me as well!  Some people have a Bible verse for EVERYTHING.  Some people can give all their problems and issues to God and walk with calmness through it all.

Some people are strong emotionally.  They never cry, never break down, never seem to be losing it.

I wish I had more strength.  I would love to never have to ask for help taking a lid off a jar.  I wish I had a more spiritual answer for things when people ask why things happen and I wish I didn't cry or break down in dealing with issues as much as I do.  Now, I definitely don't think I am a weak person, and I definitely have moments of great strength.....it's just I wish I had more.  :)

Since January I have been working with a girl who is dying of cancer.  She is 17 and is close to the end of her journey.  I don't want to say that the cancer is beating her because that gives the cancer too much strength and she and her mother are some of the strongest people I know!!!  So, I will work on my spiritual strength and say that God is getting ready for her.  I visited with her last night and well, it's just hard.  Their are no other words to describe it.  Sitting and watching someone getting ready for their spot in heaven is a difficult task.  It is physically apparent to me now that the time is close.  She is unaware of how close it is, but her mother is not.  Her mom knows what is coming.  I am not going to lie...I did really well being over there and even when I came home.  But, at 5:20 a.m. this morning after various things have woken me up this morning (and I wish I was still sleeping) I don't have as much strength as I wish.  I wish I could make things better, I wish I had the right words, I wish I had the right prayers, I wish..........

I'm pretty sure I will need a nap today, I think I will go for a run this morning, I think I will read my Bible this morning, I think I will pray for strength today.

1 comment:

  1. Good post. God gives you the strength you need when you need it. Take it from me, it's okay to be weak sometimes, and let God and others be strong for you. Maybe you're being strong for her and her mother, while God's being strong for you. Love you.

    ReplyDelete