Sunday, June 5, 2011

12 years and counting.....:)

June 5, 1999....the day I got married!  It was a great day!  Chaotic...but GREAT!  I had worked pretty hard to "get" Mark.  (Okay....a better word is STALKED)  :)  I was so excited I hardly slept at all the night before.  I tossed and turned all night!  Then morning came and I was excited!!!

Our wedding definitely had it's craziness though!  I went to get my hair fixed and the beautician had forgotten!!!  She was a little late!!!  Then one of our groomsmen had a seizure, so he had to be taken to the hospital!!! We prepared for a "stand-in groomsmen, but he made it!!!  My mom had a flat tire and I actually found out today (yes, 12 years later) that the air conditioning had gone out in one of the rooms for our reception!!!  CRAZY!!!
Mark and I...12 years later!  :)


Yet, what I remember is Mark.  I remember seeing him at the front of the church.  I remember dancing to Truly Madly Deeply by Savage Garden as our first dance (not sure it was as slow as I had thought it was going to be).  I remember so many people being there with us on our special day. I remember being so happy and feeling so loved!

I love to watch the movie "Father of the Bride."  I am always amazed at how Steve Martin misses so much of his daughters wedding...yet, in talking to my mom, she missed a lot of the things at my reception.  Sorry mom!!  :)
Love this movie!!!


My wedding was perfect.  My marriage is GREAT!  In a day when it seem so many marriages struggle I am so blessed to have such a great one!  I am so glad I have such a wonderful man to share the rest of my life with!!

No comments:

Post a Comment