Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day....

Today has been pretty much perfect!  I have been spoiled today and I have loved every minute of it!  I have also been surprised this year at how much reading various Mother's Day comments have made me feel.  Some have made me so proud, others have made me so sad, and others have made me laugh.  I have a wonderful mom!  She has always been there for me, it didn't matter what time of day, where I was, or what I needed.  I knew/know I can always count on my mom.  I have been so saddened as people my age and younger have started losing their parents.  I just can't imagine and my heart hurts for them.

Being a mom is the most AWESOME thing in the world.  I have said it before and will say it again...I had no idea how much my mom loved me until I became a mom.  The sleepless nights and crying fits are all worth it.  I have loved the gifts I received from my girls (and husband) this year.  Allie made me a card and a paper doll of what I look like.  Autumn made me a stained glass picture for a window and cute card holding a type of tea.  Mark took the girls to Pottery Works where they made me super cute hearts!!  Plus, I got a certificate for a manicure and pedicure.  (Of course the girls want me to take them with me...not sure on this one!!)  :)


I LOVE that this says I am 29 years old and weigh 22lbs!  :)



I picked out everything we watched on TV today; which included, How To Lose A Guy in 10 Days, The Proposal, a Cubs game (they lost), and Armageddon!  I also picked out what we had for dinner!  I picked all my favorites...I know it is not very colorful...but I didn't want color...I wanted AWESOMENESS and Mark came through....we had bratwursts, Mark's fantastic grilled fries, deer poppers, and corn on the cob.  There is also an empty pineapple in my freezer....can't wait to see what that is for!  :)

BEST DINNER EVER!!!!


I hope everyone had a GREAT day, but the truth of it is....just being with Mark and my girls....almost always makes a perfect day....so this was more like having cool whip and a cherry on top!!!  Happy Mother's Day to all Mom's out there!



I have added these next pics to FB...but just too fun not to show.  These are birth announcement pics of the girls.
This pic is what we were sent after Autumn was born....obviously not what we were expecting.
When I called the company, they asked if I was SURE this wasn't my baby!!  I was SURE!  :)

Autumn...July 19th!!

Allie...September 2nd!!!
I love my sweet family!  Have a GREAT week!!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! So glad you had a good Mother's Day. I got to choose where we ate and of all things, I really wanted pizza! The guys were so happy and so was I:)

    ReplyDelete