Thursday, May 19, 2011

Lessening the load!!!

I feel better....I feel more like my normal self.   (I put old self first, but I don't want to feel old.)  I've smiled a little more and been able to focus on other things the past few days!!  Yea!!!  Yea!!!!

It's funny....when you hit a rough time, all you want is life to be better again.  It doesn't always happen like we want.  I'm not going to lie...life has made me crazy lately.....too much stress, so many burdens, I physically was wearing down.  There were moments when I felt I couldn't keep my heart in my chest...I would pray....pray for strength, peace, help...I would be thankful for the trials and tribulations...knowing it would make me stronger.  Nothing seemed to be working.  People who could normally make me feel so much better....couldn't.  I have been PITIFUL!!!

I know 3 things that made a difference this time.

1. I know people were praying.  Praying for situations in my life and I believe they were praying for me too.  For that, THANK YOU!!!!  It has helped and I am sooooo grateful!!!

2. I just finished Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent.  I highly recommend this book.  There are several reasons I recommend this:
   **It is precious...I had moments with tears in my eyes, and then the biggest smile I could manage.
   ** It mentions John Brown University in Siloam Springs....YEA!!  Love it when my hometown makes
          a book!!
   ** It is a great book, an EASY read, and I love the childlike innocence of it!!!





3. I found a new blog that I LOVE/NEED!!!!  It is:   thesullivanfour.blogspot.com
     A little over a year ago Hannah Sullivan lost her battle with cancer.  She was 17 at the time.  I had followed her journey at that time through e-mail updates.  She and her family had/have an amazing outlook on life and the role that Hannah served in it.  As I have been dealing with a girl who is terminally ill with cancer....I found this blog at just the right time.  I can't tell you how uplifting this blog is and how amazing the mom (Jill's) faith is.


Sometimes our problems aren't solved or fixed by those we expect, it is the disguised that make such a difference.  I am blessed.  Have a wonderful night!

1 comment: