Saturday, May 28, 2011

Manners....

Tonight Mark and I went out for dinner.  Yes, just the 2 of us....it was awesome, we didn't even talk about butter!  :)

I was SUPER impressed with a young boy I saw there.  Mark dropped me off at the door of the restaurant (Copelands) to get a table.  Three guys were walking in at the same time, a boy (around age 8-10), the dad, and the grandfather.  The dad had to go back to the car, so the grandfather and boy proceeded to walk towards the door.  The grandfather immediately walked in front of me, opened the door and walked in.  The boy grabbed the door and held it for me.  There was a 2nd door into the restaurant and the boy held that one too...the grandfather was just worried about getting a table.

As we were leaving, we got to our car and I saw the three guys walking to their car.  I actually got out of the car (no fear...Mark was near) and bragged on the boy.  The little boy had the biggest smile when I thanked him and the dad was BEAMING!!!  Grandpa was proud too....but he could work on his manners! :)

I LOVE seeing kids using good manners (especially when their parents are forcing them to) and I think we should let parents know when we do see it!  So, AWESOME job to the parents who are raising a gentlemen!  

1 comment:

  1. Encouraging! I'm glad you complimented the little boy!

    ReplyDelete