Friday, February 25, 2011

So, it's not that it was a bad week......

Let me just preface this blog with a statement...I am an idiot!  There I said it!  :)  I do too much....it is all stuff I want to do, but it is a lot!  I need this blog today to kind of air it all out there..so I will probably be all over the place!  :)  First of all...what I do: I am a wife, I have 2 beautiful girls, I  teach high school students,  teach a class at a gym once a week and then try to make it to the gym the other nights, the girls attend AWANA, so I usually am the picker upper on Wed. nights, I am also the president of the PTO at the girls school, and have just started something new that will be emotionally draining...but can't really talk about it.  It does involve helping someone with cancer though.

This week, though a 4 day work week, has drained me. School has been really busy!!  Love my classes, love teaching...it is what I have ALWAYS wanted to do!!!  I think I had a chalkboard in my room by age 8!!!  I love teaching because of the kids....whether people believe it or not we do care about the kids.  They are more than a test score, statistic, or tax dollar.  They are what will someday lead our country, teach my kids or grandkids, diagnose people with diseases, etc.  They are important and sometimes they have hardships.  Those hardships make me feel awful for them.

My girls are about to start soccer another mass craziness!  Mark coaches them...which they BOTH love!!  I love soccer season and love seeing how they progress each year.  Being a soccer mom...ROCKS!  :)




We were supposed to have a PTO meeting this week, but it got cancelled due to the weather....we had tornado warnings and such and cancelled it.

I only got in 2 gym workouts this week...I normally try for 4...they make me feel so much better!!!  I did teach on Monday and felt like it went really well!!!

My new "situation" will be one I will have to work very hard at.  It is something I know I am "supposed to do" though it will be very hard.  I am not by any means some great person for doing what I am doing...lots of people do things and do way more than what I will do.  However, it is making me think a lot...which is often scary.  It makes me appreciate, makes me sad, makes me want to do more (not sure I have much more time though).  I am very interested to see where this new role takes me.  I hope I can be a positive influence in this situation and am anxious to see what this situation brings for me.

It has been a good week...I am just drained.  Today, even though it was Friday...I didn't want to get out of bed.  I would have liked to have laid there and watched Everybody Loves Raymond and eaten lots!  That definitely doesn't help with a 2 week gym workout schedule this week.

I know I have a good life....wait, a GREAT life.  I hope I can always focus on the positives, because usually my negatives....are really no big deal in the scheme of things.  Remember to focus on the positives...it makes you feel better.  It was funny...Mark will appreciate me for this I am sure, but I was frustrated with him the other day...but gosh it was so much work I couldn't do it!  :)



I am glad it is the weekend.  The girls are playing with friends and are so happy!  I am happy and am actually sitting and getting a chance to get it all out!  Sorry it was so long today!  Hope you have a GREAT day!

1 comment:

  1. Darci, you do have a lot going and by nature you are positive. Your attitude often amazes me -not kidding. Blessings down the road? And hopefully sweet rest this weekend - especially considering that last weekend you had a little one who was sick.

    ReplyDelete