Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Snow Day....the snow came!!!

It has been a great day!  Allie, who was sick last night, woke up better today!!!  She and I each slept on a couch last night and she made lots of noises and coughed lots, but wasn't sick!!!  Yea!!!

The snow started here around 7 this morning.  Just a nice light pretty snow.  I had hot chocolate (with whip cream on it) and pancakes for breakfast.  It was so nice and warm!  For lunch I had Frito chili pie and I have had plenty of snacks today!  :)

My family in Siloam Springs got 24 1/2 inches today!!!  They set a record for Arkansas..that is AWESOME!  At last measure, by Autumn....the new weather stalker, we have 8 inches in our yard and the snow is still falling.




We took the girls out sledding, by pulling them on the back of the 4 wheeler.  It was so fun!  Different from the hill I used to sled down as a kid, but still so fun!  Mark pulled me as well, but coming back up the road was a little tough....the sled didn't quite stay under me.  Mark said I looked like a polar bear...I took that as a compliment!


I did take a nap today, which was fabulous!!!  Autumn has been a little stir crazy.  She goes outside every 10 minutes to measure the snow and then tracks snow everywhere, though she says "sorry" every time.  Mark and I are SURE we drove our parents crazy as kids!  We're SORRY!


Allie has watched Beverly Hills Chihuahua 2 at least 5 times today.  Then she even wrote a story about them.  I am so impressed with her handwriting and I LOVE how she spells words (the way she says them).



I could never get my feet to warm up after being outside today.  Mark was sweet enough to get me a hand warmer to put in one of my socks and he gave me his hand muff to put on my other foot.  That is jut one of the many ways I know he loves me!



I've LOVED this day.  My house is messy and there is lots of laundry to do, but today was a free day and I took it!  Happy Snow day everyone!  :)



4 comments:

  1. It has been a wonderful day with you and the girls!!!
    I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the perfect snow day! I love the hand warmer on the foot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course you had whip cream with your hot chocolate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darci! Autumn sounds just like me at her age - in about third grade I absolutely wanted to be a weather girl! My mom once did this trick with me - we put black construction paper in the freezer and then took it outside when it was snowing. When the snow falls on the paper, you could see all of the different flakes and their differences - it was neat and maybe something Autumn would like to try! Glad you guys have been staying warm and enjoying family time together :) I also just bookmarked your blog - love it!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete