Sunday, February 13, 2011

Butter...nope Salad Dressing!

Okay, so one of my all time FAVORITE shows is Everybody Loves Raymond.  I think it is so about me!!!  Now, when I say that I don't think I have all the character in my life...so no one needs to feel offended.  However, I do relate to Debra.  You always want to try your best and be the best wife, mom, housekeeper, chef, etc.



One of my all time favorite episodes is the one where Ray and Debra go to dinner and all they talk about is butter.  They just don't have anything else to talk about (they were trying not to talk about the kids).  Last night Mark and I went out for Valentine's Day.  We went to Joe's Bistro, a yummy Italian place in Bryant.  While sitting there we talked about kids, jobs, family, everything, EXCEPT butter.  Now, I did happen to mention that the salad dressing was a great size and worked well on my salad, but I was being for REAL!!!

I am a very spoiled wife, much unlike Debra.  She is constantly having to do everything.  Not the case with me.  Mark is very thoughtful, he starts the car for me in the mornings when it is cold outside (even though I park in the garage), he turns the heater on in the bathroom to warm it up for me when he leaves for the gym in the mornings, he has brought me cocoa before I have gotten out of the car when I get home late at night.  He does nice things when it is warm out too....these things have just been on my mind.  I am lucky!  :)

I am so glad that after 11 1/2 years of marriage my husband still spoils me, makes me feel important, and can talk to me about things other than just butter!  :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm not surprised! You've obviously got a keeper. So does he...:)

    ReplyDelete