Saturday, February 5, 2011

I blame it on being a mom.....

I don't remember crying at songs, movies, TV shows, or commercials as a kid.  My mom did.  Gosh, she cried all the time at those kind of things.  (Okay...maybe not all the time, but she did cry.)  When I looked at her completely puzzled and asked why she was crying she would say a brick fell from the ceiling and hit her in the head and it hurt.  For the first 15 years of my life I think I looked at the roof.  :)  I just figured she was weird like that.  (Mom, I know you appreciate me right now...I do love you.)  :)  As a kid I do remember crying...I take that back SOBBING at a movie called Savannah Smiles.  Two robbers ended up with a runaway girl in their car and decided to keep her and ransom her back to her rich parents, Bootsie and someone else were the guys names.  In the end, they gave the girl back and didn't collect any ransom.  She had taught them so much and they learned to love her...I could cry right now!!!  Mom didn't understand why I cried at that one.  Then, one night I cried a St. Jude's commercial...I was determined we should give all of our money to them.  Mom told me we donated to lots of causes...I still cried.  But, I think that was the only movies or commercials I cried through.
                                                                 Savannah Smiles



Now, I cry at EVERYTHING!!!  Folgers commercials, songs on the radio that have ANYTHING to do with kids, movies, TV shows, Hallmark commercials, the Brady Christmas specials.    When Carol starts singing and Mike comes out of the cave....how can you not cry????   The song the Christmas Shoes (and the movie for that matter) put me over the top.  I mean I might as well be done for the day...my eyes puff up and I can barely make it!!!  The part in Armageddon when Bruce Willis tells Liv Tyler goodbye...or when the dad sees his son when they return from space...Oh my gosh...I'm ridiculous!!!

I don't know when the change happened.  I'm going to blame on being a mom, the fact I know a new kind of love now.  This is has to be the reason I cry at commercials where a person comes in and makes his parents coffee and his sister puts a bow on him and says...you are my Christmas present (Folgers).  I mean really....it's a commercial!!  Ugh!!!

                                                   Waiting on Mike to come out of the cave..

Crying, I'm sure can be therapeutic.  I know I can always change the channels or stations, but I just have to watch and get it out.  Mark is very patient with me....he will bring me tissues, today while watching The Last Song, I used a random napkin that had obviously had some peanut butter on it, but oh well.

I know others who are like me, thank goodness.  There are days watching my girls walk into school makes me want to cry, watching them play together, help each other, or when they tell me they love...I want to cry.  I can only imagine how much more crying is in my future.  I love my kids...but I blame them for me being an emotional basket case!!   But, I am good with being their emotional basket case! :)

                               I wouldn't change it for anything....my sweet babies!  Who are growing up too fast!

3 comments:

  1. I knew you would eventually understand why I cried at movies, commercials and special moments with you & Derek. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am exactly the same way!! I remember watching Poseidon when I was pregnant with my 2nd child. There's a scene where the mom can't get to her son, and I start crying uncontrollably AT THE MOVIES!! I mean the loud sobbing, chin quivvering kind of crying. It was actually pretty embarrassing, but becoming a mom totally does that to you!!! Totally new perspective of life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shortly after having David, I was watching Steel Magnolias and found myself sobbing into the laundry I was folding... It's definitely a mom thing! As my husband would say, "You've got a Mommie's heart" - something precious!

    ReplyDelete