Friday, February 11, 2011

Confessions at lunchtime......

It started as I was making lunch...Ramen noodles for Autumn, ABCs and 123s for Allie, and leftover chili for me.  I know Mom of the Year when it comes to lunches!!!

Anyways..Autumn came in and said, Mom that ball thingy I've been swinging around, well it is stuck in the light.  Now the light that it is in is about 12-14 feet off the ground and it is above the stairs, so I am not sure a ladder will get it for us.  I looked at Autumn and asked why she had swung it so high...she said, I don't know but I told you right away!  UGH!!!

You see, I've been working with my girls to tell me things when they happen and to tell the truth first, explaining they will be in LESS trouble if they follow my plans.  I then told her thanks for letting me know.  She proceeded to ask if we had to tell Dad.  :)  I let her know if there was any chance of getting it down, Dad would have to know.

At lunch the girls unleashed on all the things they have done, but failed to tell me lately.  Including how they hop around in the shower (which they aren't supposed to do), how they have thrown things onto the roof of the house and are still there (buried under snow I am sure), and then proceed to laugh at each other.  As though giant weights have been lifted!

Now, I don't holler at them (often) and I think I watch them pretty carefully, but I am guessing they are much sneakier than I realized!  Either I will have to pay better attention and ask more questions, or no more eating lunch together!  :)

2 comments:

  1. My suggestion...keep having those lunchtime conversations. You are setting a wonderful precedent for the girls to share things with you that will come in very handy as they get older. Keep 'em talking.

    ReplyDelete