Friday, February 4, 2011

Oops.....maybe a different day....

So, we all knew snow was a possibility for us today.  Several schools closed before the snow came in.  Our school closed at 9:30.  So, I went for a couple hours gave a test, went and picked up the girls and brought them home.  Mark came home early today as well.   My sweet family was safe at home by 11:00.

It think it was around noon that I laid down for my nap.  The girls (who were starved by 10:30) ate the lunches we packed for school around 11-11:30.  I heated up some ABC's and 123's around 11:30 as well.  After that I found my spot on the couch and that is pretty much where I stayed all day.  The girls would come running through and I found myself barely noticing...or at least sleeping through it.  I woke up around 1 and proceeded to find something to eat and lay some more.  The girls started getting a little wild around 2, so I suggested they go out in the snow.  I stayed inside.  I was in fleece everything with my robe and slippers on.  The girls stayed out for a while, I think I found another snack and went back to the couch.  The girls came in and watched TV and played some video games.  I think at that point I was on NCIS episode 3 of the day and eating another snack.  Mark made the girls pancakes for dinner.  I had leftover spaghetti...because I'm sure I was starved after my strenuous day.  Ha!!

It is 9:15 and I am back on the couch.  The girls are in bed and know that I love them.  Some people have had quite a few snow days lately and I have seen where families have played outside, built snowmen, done various arts and crafts, baked, played games....and me I laid on the couch and ate.  My girls NEVER went hungry and were told they were loved often, but I just failed miserably on being the cool mom who embraces the snow day with a love for doing lots and making millions of memories.  Oops......maybe a different day.....


This is a picture from a previous snow day...when I was a little more....ummmm....active!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Love it! You're definitely a cool mom. I've been telling the boys all week we'd make snow ice cream and instead I just bought some vanilla at the store yesterday. Such a slacker...

    ReplyDelete