Monday, January 2, 2012

Running, running....sore....

2012 is here and is off to a very nice start!  One of my goals is to run/walk 500 miles in 2012 and I am up to 6 miles so far.  Now, most of you know that 500 is at the low end of my goal....so really I am hoping for around 750....but I have accomplished 6 so far and I am happy about that!

Yesterday...the first day of the New Year I set out to run.  My plan was just to go as far as I could (really thinking about 2-3 miles).  I planned to kind of follow the Couch to 5k program...run 90 seconds, walk 3 minutes....however once I took off...it felt good.  Now, I'm not going to lie, the longest I ran at one time was  7 minutes.  However, on day 1, I ran/walked just over 4 miles and I ran 30 of the 50 minutes I was out there.  YAY!!!!!  I WAS PUMPED!!!

Now....I am sore.  My hips hurt, my legs are sore, I look like an old lady walking around...ugh.  But, today I went to the gym (too much of a cold wind for a warm weather girl like me) and ran/walked 2 miles.  I actually ran about 1.25 of that!  Yay!!!  Now, I think I am even more sore.  I still went to my hour long Zumba class tonight....still sore.

I know the saying..No pain, no gain...and I am counting on the pain going away at sometime.

Yet....I only have (minimum) 494 more miles for 2012 and I excited about that!!!

I hope your New Year is off to a GREAT start!!!

3 comments:

  1. Haha!!! Keep in mind it is Day 2...but, I am trying! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great. I can't wait to see you accomplish your goal!

    ReplyDelete