Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Competition v. Acceptance

January 31, 2012...can you believe it?  I mean the month of January is over!  That is incredible to me.  It has been a busy, but fun month.

I had originally set 3 goals for 2012 and figured I would fill you in...

1. Declutter---hmmm....looks like I am WAY behind on this one.  I did clean out a drawer in my dresser, so we will count that.  :)

2. Start a prayer journal...this I have done and like.  It is nice to be able to glance at it and remember who I am praying for.


3.  Run (with some walking) a minimum of 500 miles in 2012 with the hope of getting in 750 miles.

Now, we need to talk about this goal.  This is the competitive part of me.  You see, I really want 750 miles.  To achieve 500 miles I need to run 41.6 miles a month.  To reach 750, I need to run 62.5 miles a month. I want to run daily.  I want be able to run for 10 miles at a time.  I want to run faster.  I want to run 62.5 miles a month.  It is at the point that I feel guilty if I'm not running daily.  Now all of this is good.  I am glad I am motivated to work towards this goal!

Here is the, what I would call, tough part.  You see, I teach a fitness class 1 night a week at a local gym and I try to attend classes at the gym at least 3 nights a week.  The classes are hour long and are GREAT!  I mean they kick my tail!  I am usually exhausted when I leave and physically worn out.  So, I am trying to fit running into a schedule that already wears me out physically and takes up over an hour 4 nights a week.  And, remember I am exhausted.  I work all day, try to spend time with my girls and husband, go to classes, and run.  I know my body needs a few days off to rest.....but it is so hard to do it because I WANT/NEED to achieve my goal.



January 2012...I have ran/walked just over 57 miles.  I am 15 miles above my minimum for the month and 5 1/2 below my "desired goal."  I feel like I am doing a good job.  I am just having to ACCEPT that I may not be able to do it ALL.  I am hoping as the year goes on that I will be able to run longer and faster and get in more miles, but until then I will be proud of the first 57 miles I have accomplished.

Have a GREAT night!!!

3 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you. You can do it! I know you can and remember summer you will have more time to run! Hang in there and fight the negative thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! Pushing through!! So proud of you too!!!

      Delete