Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Looking around.....

Life definitely has its ups and downs.  Being an adult isn't fun sometimes.  There is that desire to do, be, achieve, provide, embrace, love, etc.  It can be overwhelming.  Lately, I have been TRYING to notice the little things, the blessings.

As I drive the girls to school, I LOVE to listen to the girls sing to the songs that are on the radio.  I tell myself they are a blessing (even if it is off key...which sometimes makes it that much better).  :)

As I've been running lately, I've been trying to look around or focus on the purpose.  I am excited about the fact I can actually go for a run.  I used to barely be able to make it to the end of the street without feeling like I was going to fall on the ground.  Now, I can run a good ways before I really want to quit. I feel healthier, stronger, and at times skinnier (which, I can't lie...makes me smile, until I eat Chick Fil A....but it is soooo good!)!!!  :)

I've been trying to let Mark know how much he means to me.  He does so many thoughtful things for me.  I am proud of the man he is and blessed that he is my husband.

I've been trying to have more patience lately...though I definitely struggle with that.

I've been trying to be a better friend lately.  I've been trying to encourage and let people know I care.  It is a work in progress, especially the busier life gets.

I've been trying to keep a cleaner house.  This one.....well, let's just say today...the house still looks descent which in my opinion, is an accomplishment since we cleaned it Sunday!  :)

Sometimes I get so busy with things I stop focusing on what is really important.  The truth is there are blessings everywhere...you have to stop and LOOK for them sometimes, but they are there.  They are in the crazy art things I have been trying to make, because it is fun times with friends that I am making them.  They are in the conversations I have with people, because we are talking and listening to each other.  The blessings are in the sunrises, sunsets, the cool crisp mornings, the smiles on my girls' faces, the love in my husbands eyes.....they are there.



Don't forget to stop and look around.....you can't wait for others to point them out to you.  Blessings are there......

1 comment:

  1. I love that you are prayer journaling too. I love to do that.

    You're so right, its the negative thoughts in our head that upset us most. Stay positive!

    ReplyDelete