Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Years.....any resolutions for you???

I can't believe it will be 2012 in just a few hours!  I love the start a new year.

I am not great at New Years' Resolutions though....I mean, I could say I am going to:

1. diet...but I won't.

2. keep a cleaner house....but that would only last until I go back to school and things get crazy busy.

3. be a better person, wife, mom, friend, etc.......but, this is a daily goal and feel weird about deciding 2012 is the year of being all of this...when I hope to accomplish this EVERY day of EVERY year!
       

So.....I have picked a few other resolutions....

1. I am planning to run/walk 500 miles over the course of 2012 and to bike at least 250 more.  Now, here is the truth...I would really like to walk/run 1,000 miles over 2012 and then bike about 500 miles.  I had a friend, Russanne, who did the 1,000 miles of walking/running over 2011 and I just thought that was an AWESOME goal.  So proud/excited that she accomplished that....and well, I am going to try it too!!  :)

Mark and I after our 5k...He has some running goals for 2012 too!  


2. I would like to do a better job of "de-cluttering."  Now, if this leads to a cleaner house...YAY!!!  But, I found a site I like on Pinterest that gives you a day by day thing to do to have a more de-cluttered home!  I am excited about that!  Here is the website:

De-cluttering Calendar!!!

3. I am going to start keeping a prayer journal.  I am wonderful at telling people I will pray for them (and I do) but I don't necessarily think I do as good of a job as I should.  So, If I write down the requests and then read over them in the morning and evening.....hopefully I will do the job that I should when it comes to prayers.

This is it for me....3 goals...hopes....plans....and I hope to be successful!  What kind of resolutions do you make?

I hope everyone has an AWESOME New Year and that you accomplish all you hope/want in 2012!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I like your reasoning. ANd your goals seem practical, doable. I think/hope 2012 will be a good year for all of us! LY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the running idea!! I have been trying to think of some tangible running goals for this year ... and I want to take some time away from racing, but doing the 1000 mile challenge could be a good way to stay focused without training for one specific race! Thanks for the ideas! Your goals sound great and I am SURE you will be successful :)

    ReplyDelete