Sunday, July 24, 2011

Coming Home.....

We are officially home from our vacation to Gulf Shores.  It was wonderful.  The only negative is that Allie was sick on some of it.  She has been running fever.  It would kind of come and go....we tried to make sure she had downtime and basically stayed in all day on Wednesday.  She still isn't her normal self, so I am sure a trip to the doctor will occur.

I did learn a few things from vacation that I hope I don't forget any time soon.  I know they will sound silly, but they are things that I have obviously forgotten lately.

1. The truth is the things that really make me happy, don't cost anything!!!  Don't get me wrong I did some shopping and I am super excited about some of my new clothes, but those were just bonuses.  There was nothing better than watching my girls smile when waves hit them, listening to them laugh as we all talked, or just the sweet hugs and kisses they would give me just because I am their mom.


2. I need to stay focused on what really matters.  It is easy to get caught up in drama or competition or negativity.  During our week, the only drama we had was telling the girls not to touch each other if it was going to cause conflict....the only competition was who would hit the numbers on the elevator, only negativity...Allie not feeling well.  All things easily dealt with and all things pertaining to those who I love.  So why at home do other things make me so crazy?  Time to re-prioritize!  :)


3. My girls are growing too fast.  Autumn celebrated her 9th birthday at the beach....I can't believe she is 9!   She is growing up too fast.  She wanted to night swim one night because there was a cute boy at the pool, she played with girls who were anywhere from 10-14 years old there....she isn't my little baby anymore.  :(  Allie is growing too.....she wants to do everything Autumn does and loves her sister so much.  I know they will argue as they get holder, but I hope their special bond never goes away!


4. I adore my husband.  He is the perfect person for me.  He complimented me daily and made sure the vacation was wonderful for me.  I am a lucky girl and only hope he knows how much I love him.


4. I love my family.  They are PERFECT for me.  There were moments on the trip when was looking at the ocean and realizing some people will never see this.  Some kids will never have or do the things my girls are doing.  Every day was a constant reminder of how blessed I am and how God continually is in control.  But that is just it.....it shouldn't take a week at the beach to realize that, because these things are around me daily....I just have to remember to notice them.


I truly love my life...I love the people in my life...and just hope that some day everyone has a moment where the world is just as perfect for them.

2 comments:

  1. Great post...I was reminded of the same things while we were on our vacation this week! Your girls look so pretty and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jill!!! They definitely have their moments! Vacation is a definite need sometimes! Amazing how refreshing it can be.

    ReplyDelete