Friday, July 22, 2011

A week with my family...LOVE!!!


Is it bad to blog about your vacation before you get home?  I am sure I can always post another one if needed!  

It has been an AWESOME week in Gulf Shores, Al.  We have had AWESOME weather and a FABULOUS time as a family.  We spent lots of time on the beach, eating, at the pool, eating, shopping, eating, and just time together!  :)

One of the highlights of the week was parasailing.  It was my idea, which is crazy because I am afraid of heights.  But, I just knew everyone would love it.  My only concern was Allie.  She is only 5...close to 6, but would she want to soar 400 ft. above the Gulf of Mexico???  Hmmmm....her answer..Yes and she wanted to ride with me!!  So, Monday afternoon we drove down to the parasailing place (a whole 5 minutes away if that long).  I had read and seen pictures about how they lift you and I figured I could handle it.  So, we paid to get pictures and to go 400 ft. up.  The 4 of us and a dad and his son (who looked around Autumn's age) rode out on a crazy looking thing to the boat.  They helped us on and started to harness us in.  They asked who wanted to go first and Allie immediately volunteered her and I to go first.  WHAT?!?!  UGH!!!  Now, I have to be brave right???
I am being soooo brave here!!!

The man got Allie into place and told me to sit behind her with my legs on either side of her and to hold onto the harness just below the clasp.  Obviously that is the last thing I heard because I did not relinquish my grip on the harness or let go of her with my feet until the end!!  I also never thought about how they get you down until once I was up there...UGH!!!
Mark and Autumn....soooo excited!!

When I landed and Mark and Autumn went up...that is when I realized you could let go of the harness and I didn't have to have Allie in death grip...oh and that they decided to take us 600 feet up.  It was an AWESOME experience!!!  I did order the pictures and we got over 100 of them...the only problem is all of the ones of Allie and I have my feet clasped around her (following directions).  This situation led to all the pictures making my butt look massively huge and hanging down at a funky angle...in turn making it that there are virtually no pictures I can truly show out of embarrassment!!  UGH!!  The girls love to spott my booty in every picture!!
Allie and I...UGH!!!!!  This is a kinder picture!! 


Mark and Autumn...no fear!!!

I have posted some pictures from our week!  So many fun times and things that I loved!
Autumn walking the tight rope at Lulu's!!

Out on the plank!!!
Allie and Mark!!
I love my girls!!

There are a few things I learned this week.

1. I love being on vacation.
Beach pic!!!

2. My family is always ready to eat!
3. I love Lulu's cheese dip.
4. I love my family more than when I left home!









2 comments:

  1. You've had such an incredibly busy year - I think the beach vacation was the best thing you could have done. Kids just need sand, a bucket, and water to have a great time but you also made some neat memories for them. And most of all, you look rested. And I would have to commend you on your bravery - I don't think I could have done it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cathy! Definitely not sure I will do it again....but we did it! It has been a GREAT week! It was a MUCH NEEDED break!!!

    ReplyDelete