Thursday, July 7, 2011

Lunchtime conversations....


I love eating around the table, unfortunately it is something that we don't do enough.  We have CRAZY busy schedules and that is something we need to work on.  During the summer I try to eat lunch with them at the table each day.  They seem to be really slow eaters (or I am just use to eating lunch in 20 minutes and scarf my food down), so it is hard for me to just sit and wait on them...there is so much I could be doing!!!

Today's lunch was cracking me up...we each had our own things...Autumn had Ramen noodles, Allie a peanut butter sandwich with Cheetos, and I was having my favorite ABC's and 123's!  (Try not to be too jealous!!!)  :)

Autumn's birthday is coming up...she will be 9!!!  I am realizing how close she is getting to being a "big kid"!!!  I know it sounds crazy...but once she is 9 it will only be 1 more year until she hits double digits....she is already (in my opinion) a tween, but really it will only be 4 more years until she is a teenager!  Then another 2 until she can drive and then 2 more and she will be 18 and graduating!!!  Ugh!!! Okay....I will slow down.
My posing child!!!


We had some great conversations today...including Autumn asking how old until she can stay by herself.  I told her legally 12....so she has new plans in her life.  According to Autumn at age:

12 she will start babysitting so she will be able to buy a cell phone.
16 she will have enough money after buying the phone to buy a car (still from babysitting).
17 she will relax this year because their won't be much she needs
18 she will have her own Facebook account...she will be using our upstairs computer and if she could
      have this earlier it would be wonderful!
She then asked about college....wondering her age when she graduates college...I told her around 22-23...then she asked if she had to come home on weekends when she went to college.  I couldn't believe it....did she say "HAVE TO COME HOME"????  Ummmmm......BREAK MY HEART!!!!

Then she wondered about Allie...where will Allie be while she is in college...my response, high school.  Then she let me know that Allie might not get to college when she should, she said Allie may take longer in school.  I looked at Allie, she smiled, stuck her Cheetos filled tongue out and nodded her head!  Hmmmm.........
Allie......and Autumn (who wanted to be in EVERY picture!)


Time passes too fast!!!  At least I know Autumn has goals!!!  :)  I hope you enjoy conversations around your table!!!  :)
My girls!  

Princess Scooby Doo was in for lunch today!
Allie...wanting to show her milk mustache!  Makes her daddy so proud!

1 comment:

  1. It's funny to listen to kids plan at that age. They are so clueless:) I'm glad you wrote it down, in the future, Autumn will be amazed at how she once viewed money and college:)

    ReplyDelete