Monday, July 4, 2011

Food for the 4th!!!!

I LOVE holidays!!!  One of my favorite things about holidays is the food that goes along with them!  I have this desire to be more "domesticated," so I have been wanting to cook!  Mark and I tried a couple different recipes this weekend and I wanted to share a couple of my favorites!!!

Chicken Dip....Oh my!!!!  This is AWESOME!!  You could completely eat this as a meal, but it is a GREAT dip!  A friend of Mark's gave him this recipe, all you need is:

8 oz. cream cheese
1 can of chicken (drain)
1 package of HIdden Valley Ranch (dry mix)
Mayonnaise

Mix the first three ingredients together and then add some mayo.  Mark doesn't measure the mayo (this makes me CRAZY...I HAVE to measure, but just add enough to make it so it is creamy).

Use Ritz crackers or (what I have been LOVING) Chicken Biscuit crackers!!!  AWESOME dip!!!

Chicken Dip!!!  Yummy!!!!



I made a Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookie Pizza today.  I got this off of the Pillsbury website and it actually looks like the picture and tastes AWESOME!!!
Sooooo Good!!!!!

http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/chocolate-peanut-butter-cookie-pizza/c6e9d180-b0c0-4397-9a35-ff39dc51d798?ESRC=16033


INGREDIENTS

1
roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated chocolate chip cookies
1
package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/2
cup creamy peanut butter
1
cup powdered sugar
1/4
cup milk
1
cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
3/4
cup hot fudge topping
1/4
cup chopped peanuts

DIRECTIONS

1Heat oven to 350°F. In ungreased 12-inch pizza pan, break up cookie dough. With floured fingers, press dough evenly in bottom of pan to form crust.2Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.3Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sugar and milk until smooth. Fold in whipped topping.4Spread 1/2 cup of the fudge topping over cooled crust. Spread peanut butter mixture over top. Drizzle with remaining 1/4 cup fudge topping. Sprinkle with peanuts. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or until serving time. Cut into wedges or squares. Mark grilled for us tonight!!!  It was AWESOME!!

I hope you have had a FABULOUS weekend!!!  Some may notice I don't have any fruit shown....have no fear....I had some fruit during the fireworks!     I like to be well balanced!  :)  It has been great weekend for us!! I have eaten too much and enjoyed my family!!!  I hope you have a GREAT week!  Let  me know if you try any of these recipes...especially if you like them!  :)Mark grilled tonight....it was awesome! 

2 comments:

  1. Darci - Thanks for the recipes! Yummy! This blog stuff is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a LOT of fun!!! So glad you are doing it too! :)

    ReplyDelete