Wednesday, April 20, 2011

What can we learn from Winnie the Pooh??

If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.
Winnie the Pooh



I've always been a fan of Winnie the Pooh.  I know I had some stuffed animals and a cute little dress with him on it when I was little.  Autumn's nursery was Winnie the Pooh, the girls both had Winnie the Pooh stuffed animals. 


I think sometimes we can learn from Winnie the Pooh and his friends.   I really like the above quote.  I think sometimes we make too much about us, when really it could be about the other person.  Using a nonsense example, I get frustrated when I tell the girls to do something and they don't do it.  However; they usually aren't doing it because of ME...they simply aren't doing it because it interferes with something for them.  So, when I turn off the TV, they usually do what I ask...simply removing the "fluff."






Winnie the Pooh is also always with friends.  Eeyore....sweet Eeyore...always seeing the negative, but he is still always there for them.  I love my friends.  Some of my friends I wish I was closer to....both in distance and in actual friendship.  We all have different types of friends...the ones that bounce in and out, the ones who are always sad, ones who know it all, ones who are sooooo cautious.  What type of friend are you?  When it comes to friendship...remember to remove the "fluff" every once in a while....be patient....say something nice/do something nice for your friend......just be there for them.  :)

1 comment:

  1. David's nursery was also Winnie the Pooh - I loved it! We still have Pooh-isms that we use all these years later: "I'm just a little black rain cloud.. pay no attention to me..." And also "It's Winds----day, Pooh!" Pooh was smarter than he looked:)

    ReplyDelete