Sunday, April 10, 2011

Reflections.....

I love weekends!  They are "down time" with lots of running around, but usually it is filled with things I love to do!  This weekend, well actually Thursday and Saturday, both girls had soccer games...they both won their games and they both scored their first goals!!!!!  I could not have been more excited!!!  However, the best part wasn't their goals.....it was that when they came off the field after they scored, they both ran straight to me with arms wide open knowing it was time for a hug!  How cool is that?  I mean, I LOVE being a mom!!!!

I love this picture...Allie in the goalie spot with Autumn behind her!!1
                      

We went to church this weekend....this isn't uncommon, but we don't make it every week.  Church was good this week, we actually tried a new church.  It got me thinking about how a church becomes your home.  Growing up my family always went to the same church.  Grace Episcopal Church.  My mom still goes there and we go with her when we go up there.  There are still so many people there that I know....lots of new ones, but still a lot of the same.  That church was my home.  I babysat lots of the kids that came through there....was confirmed there...and got married there.  I loved it.  It is difficult finding the right church.  I don't mean that I don't like churches that I have attended since I've moved away from home, just that it is hard to find a "home church."  I want a place where my kids can grow up.....and always know people are there for them.  I've learned a lot about church since becoming an adult.  I've learned church can be political...which as a child I had no idea.  I've learned that not all churches are friendly...who knew!!!  I've also realized people expect to hear something at church...basically that they are doing a good job.  I don't necessarily think that church should be all about that.  Now, I don't want to be yelled at  for an hour as people tell me how awful I am, or how I will never make it to heaven.  However, I think we should hear to keep trying hard, prioritize your life, and that God is always there.  A church home should be a place that you visit more than an hour a week....not that you physically have to be there more than that...but you should spiritually be there more than that.

Well, that is enough ranting....it has been a good weekend, a hard weekend...but good.

The girls swam this weekend....too chilly for me, but they loved it!  Mark got in with them...me I laid in a chair that I hope to spend a lot of the summer in!
The cold did not bother Autumn at all!!!

Mark is such a good Dad...in the pool with them!!

Yep!!!  My spot!  :)


Mark has helped me celebrate my 1/2 birthday today....we've never celebrated that before (I will have to remember his), but I think he knew I needed it.  I am lucky!

1 comment:

  1. I like what you wrote. A church is easy to find but like you said, a church home is different. Hard to explain but it just is. And what neat idea to celebrate your half birthday! Mark may have started a new trend!

    ReplyDelete