Thursday, April 28, 2011

I am slightly excited about the Royal Wedding.  Not excited enough to wake up early and watch it....but I will set the DVR to record it and watch it later.  I think it is fascinating that a country has such a tradition!!! This week in our country, our president is proving whether he is a citizen...but in England they are getting ready for the biggest event many people over there have ever seen! 




I completely understand that some people are tired of hearing about it, but I think it is pretty awesome! 

I remember thinking Princess Diana was beautiful and seeing her dress was breath-taking!  I also remember the drama the Fergie caused (not Black Eyed Peas Fergie, but Sarah Ferguson).  Diana and her together, they were always getting into trouble...or at least I think I remember that correctly.




I hated when Charles and Diana split.   I also remember when Princess Diana died...so sad!  Harry putting the letter on his  moms casket!  :(  I also remember when Elton John changed the song Candle in the Wind from being about Marilyn Monroe to being about Diana!  I loved that version!

I know the TV will be crazy with coverage on the wedding tomorrow....but it will be for a fun reason and I think that is great!   Nothing like watching princesses!!!  Enjoy Friday!!

Here are the lyrics....you would sing it of course to the tune of Candle in the Wind...you might not care, but I think it is neat! 

Goodbye England's rose
May you ever grow in our hearts
You were the grace that placed itself
Where lives were torn apart
You called out to our country
And you whispered to those in pain
Now you belong to heaven
And the stars spell out your name

And it seems to me you lived your life
Like a candle in the wind
Never fading with the sunset
When the rain set in
And your footsteps will always fall you
Along England's greenest hills
Your candle's burned out long before
Your legend never will

Loveliness we've lost
These empty days without your smile
This torch we'll always carry
For our nation's golden child
And even though we try
The truth brings us to tears
All our words cannot express
The joy you brought us through the years

And it seems to me you lived your life
Like a candle in the wind
Never fading with the sunset
When the rain set in
And your footsteps will always fall you
Along England's greenest hills
Your candle's burned out long before
Your legend never will

Goodbye England's rose
May you ever grow in our hearts
You were the grace that placed itself
Where lives were torn apart
Goodbye England's rose
From a country lost without your soul
Who'll miss the wings of your compassion
More than you'll ever know

And it seems to me you lived your life
Like a candle in the wind
Never fading with the sunset
When the rain set in
And you footsteps will always fall you
Along England's greenest hills
Your candle's burned out long before
Your legend never will 

2 comments:

  1. I love all those things also. My mom and I got up at 3:00 to watch Diana's wedding and her dress was stunning. And she and Sarah Ferguson did get into trouble just being silly, which is not a royal thing to do, I guess. but it is a once-in-a-lifetime type of thing and we can use some "good" news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember watching Princess Diana as a child and being in awe of such royality and nobility. What an honored tradition. I am going to do my best to watch @ 4 just to try and relive my youth. You remember that, right? We did it together but it has been so long ago! Ha!

    ReplyDelete