Sunday, March 6, 2011

Short and Sweet....

Ever have days when you just aren't yourself?  Ever had weeks like that?  Well, this was my week.  I've mentioned before I have had a lot going on....I think it finally got the better of me.  I hate admitting that.  I hate admitting that I can't just do it all!!  But, I am!  I can't do it all and that is okay.  (I will need reminding of that again I am sure.)

Last week was a long week, very emotionally draining!  This week will be very busy as well, but that is okay!  This weekend was a nice weekend!  I should say GREAT weekend, but I was too tired for it to be that!  I loved being with my girls and Mark.  We spent a lot of time outside, despite the fact is was cooler than I like.

I think my saving grace was the nap I took today!  I think it was about an hour long and it was needed.  I woke up and felt more like me.  I smiled and it wasn't forced, I was okay with exercising, it wasn't because I had to...though I did not jump for joy over going for a run!

I am lucky that on days, or weeks like I had, my family still loves me.



God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.
--Reinhold Niebuhr
In loving memory of

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you got the rest; you had such a full week and you handled it well but I know what you mean. REst helps. Perfection is a myth.. Even people who look perfect on the outside have mess-ups on the inside...

    ReplyDelete