Thursday, March 3, 2011

Parenting....it is more than a job...

I adore my girls and being a mom is my FAVORITE job!  I just love the fact they love me so much.  As I was laying with Allie tonight...she told me I smelled good.  Autumn tells me how pretty I am when I wear just about anything....I just love it!!

Sometimes parenting is hard.  Punishing my girls is always harder on me than on them.  I know they don't like going without TV or a snack.  However, it is my job to raise my children to have respect and act right. It is my job to listen to my girls, help them make decisions, and sometimes let them know that they can't do something that they want.

I know I am a dorky mom....I can't wait for Parent-Teacher conferences, I want to attend EVERYTHING and ANYTHING they have.  I want to be a part of their lives...as much as I can.  I know in a few years, they aren't going to tell me I smell good or look pretty....they will probably tell me..don't wear that Mom or gosh you embarrass me!!!!  I just hope that I don't change my outlook.

As a teacher I get to see a variety of parents, some who still love parent-teacher conferences and some who would rather be anywhere than at their kids school.  It makes me wonder where that changes???

As a teacher a few tips I would suggest to parents....

1.  Listen to your kids

2. Recognize not all of your kids are the same....one child may get better grades and one may be a better
    athlete

3. Make your kids your 1st priority (they grow up really fast)

4. Be there for them as much as you can....attend conferences, go to ball games and performances, just be there for your kids.  They notice, even if they don't say thank you.

5. Be the parent.....remember sometimes you won't be their best friend....sometimes they will be mad at you and may say things they regret....but, you are the parent and they need you to fulfill your job!


              I adore my girls and hope they continue to adore me for a long time!  :)

1 comment: