Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Snow day before the snow...

School is cancelled for tomorrow.  We have no snow, nor any to come for a while, but we cancelled school for tomorrow by around 11:00 this morning.  Mark found out tonight (by around 6:30) that he does not have to go to work tomorrow because of the snow that is coming!

There are so many different ways to view this snow day.  You see, we have already missed school 4 times this year because of snow.  That is WILD for us!  In my 10 years of teaching, I don't think we ever missed that much school because of snow and that doesn't include tomorrow...or any days after that!  As a kid in school, I really don't remember missing that many days...we probably did, I just don't remember because I was a kid and probably paid NO ATTENTION to it!

As a teacher....I'm okay with it.  Yes, I know I will have to make up these days in June.  BLAH!!!  My kids came in 4th block and said, "Since today is our last day, do we have to..."  What?  Last day?  The kids said, well we won't be here tomorrow...I informed them that they may miss a day or 2, but we are no where near the "last day."

As a mom...my girls are SOOOOOO excited about the possibility of snow.  Autumn is planning to track it by the hour.  She already has a notepad set up to write down the measurements! Allie is excited too!!!



As me....the idea of drinking cocoa, eating Frito chili pie and other snacks, sleeping in, staying in my pajamas all day, and watching movies with my family...sounds pretty AWESOME!!

So, in June, when I am wishing I had not had these snow days...I will try to remember how happy my girls are and how relaxing my days were (hopefully anyways).  Unfortunately, while writing this my sweet Alliebug got sick.  So maybe tomorrow will be a day for Allie to feel better and hope no one else gets it!


Enjoy your snow day!  :)

2 comments:

  1. Happy Snowday! Enjoy and I hope Allie feels better in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am! Tell Allie I hope she feels better.

    ReplyDelete