Monday, February 21, 2011

Bedtime....the not so quick process!!!

What is it about bedtime that makes kids have so many NEEDS?  They NEED to go to the bathroom, they NEED a drink of water, they NEED to ask you one more thing......

I am sure (okay I know) I was the same way when I was a kid.  I always want bedtime to be this quick process.  I take them up, they brush their teeth, go to the bathroom, say prayers and amazingly they go to sleep.  That is not the case however.  Actually, Allie is pretty much on track for that.  She likes a story and now that she is reading, she likes to read stories to me and then she wants me to lay with her.  (I can usually fall asleep at this point)  Autumn, well, she is typically back out of her room within 10 minutes for one of those NEEDS!!

Now, I know my reasons for wanting a quick bedtime is selfish...I'm ready for quiet time.  I NEED quiet time, I NEED a chance to watch shows that I want (which typically shouldn't be seen my small kids...and I am talking about regular TV here...my NCIS, Castle, Everybody Loves Raymond).

I do miss the days when they would fall asleep as I held them or when they would want me to rock them to sleep...time goes too fast.

So yes...I have NEEDS and they have NEEDS...but I know that I NEED them and I love it when right before they close their doors they say...I LOVE YOU MOM!!!  (Oh, and just so you know...Autumn did come out as I was writing this)  :)

1 comment: