Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Being a mom...NOTHING better!

As a kid, I was a very active.  I played basketball, ran track, played softball, played piano, was in the band, babysat, and  I had good grades.  I was pretty proud of myself.  However, nothing compares to the pride I feel in my girls!!!

We found out today that Allie will be getting a Character Award at her school tomorrow.  (Shhhh!!!!!  She doesn't know yet) :)  I am soooooo proud of her.  The award is for someone who represents respect, honesty, dependability, cooperation, and citizenship.  She was selected for the months of February and March.  I just could not be anymore excited!  Allie is a mess and a half and so different from Autumn!  Allie says the most random things and makes me laugh with a humor that is more of an "older person humor."  If that makes sense???  She says things that are funny to adults...not just to kids.  She is the type who cries when she thinks she is in trouble and is overall a very happy girl!!!  She is quite a bit blunter than I would like at times...but it make her my Alliebug!

                                                      Allie's first day of school picture!!!

Now, I know I am bragging a lot on Allie, Autumn is awesome too...and because I am a mom I now have guilt for not saying more about Autumn, but know she is an amazing girl too!  She is the most compassionate and AWESOME big sister EVER!!!  She waits for Allie to get out of the car in the morning when I drop them off at school and she never wants to see her sad, even when she has to give things up to keep her happy.  (I've been trying to get her to stop that...but it is just her).


Being a mom changed me....I can now easily spend tons of money on things for the girls...things they need and don't need.  I want to teach them that everything is not handed to them, nor should they expect anything or everything...but I want to give them the world.  Times I try desperately hard not to overspend.....well, they are just tries, because I always do!  Wants for myself are very limited now.  It is more important for my girls to be happy and to know that they are successful.

I am a very blessed person.  When I find out about my girls accomplishments it just makes me want to BRAG to everyone....so naturally I blogged.  :)

                                                                  I just love my girls!
              

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE my granddaughters! They are the best. And now you know how I feel about you and Derek, too. I can't love the 2 of you anymore than I do. And it still doesn't feel like enough. Not much better than being a Mom and a Grandma! Love it!!!! Love all of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understood everything you said - felt the same way about David;still do to some extent even though he's grown. You are an excellent mom - the girls are proof:)

    ReplyDelete