Friday, February 18, 2011

Sleeping on the couch...

Tonight I am sleeping on the couch.  Allie isn't feeling well and while I would happily put her in a bed, she has perfected rolling straight to the trash can which is right beside her, so we will stay in the living room and she and I will each have a couch.  :)

I've slept on the couch before....other times girls have been sick, or Mark has been sick.  I have slept on the couch when I have taken naps....I LOVE those times!!!  I have slept on the couch when Mark's snoring has woken me up (not that he snores often).  :)  Usually when he snores I just kick him...not to injure him of course, but to wake him and then hope I go to sleep before he starts again.  Sometimes I just end up having to come sleep on the couch because the kicks don't work.  Usually I get special treatment the next day.  So, it may work out!  :)

We've never really done the whole...one person sleeps on the couch because there has been an argument thing.  I am guessing that really happens, but it just never has for us.  I don't think we argue much before bedtime.  We really don't ever argue, I'll say we have discussions.  Ha!!  Our discussions usually don't happen at bedtime....I think they did more before we had kids and we would stay up later???  Hmmmm.....I'm not really sure.

                            Here is Mark taking a nap on the couch......this isn't tonight!  :)

Now, I will mention that Mark did offer to sleep on the couch.....he also pointed out that he may not be able to hear Allie (who is about 5 feet away) because he is a deep sleeper....I get it...I'm on the couch!  :)

Oh well, I will try and get some sleep because it could be a long night on the couch.  I hope everyone has sweet dreams!!!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you do too or at least that you can catch up on your sleep before Tuesday. kids can get sick so fast and couches are usually mommie territory when viruses hit. Phil was also a heavy sleeper.. I really think it's a mom thing that enables us to hear all sounds in the night time, regardless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling of sleeping on the couch when the kiddos are asleep. Loren used to offer to let me sleep in the bed with the sick kiddos but not so much anymore. What is up with that??? Hope Allie feels better!!!

    ReplyDelete