Thursday, September 1, 2011

My Allie-bug :)

I think once you have a child and start considering having another one, you wonder if you can possibly love that child as much as the first.  I always knew I wanted 2 kids.  I had assumed I would have a girl and a boy (basically because that is how it was in my family) and Mark always assumed he would have 2 boys (because that is how it was in his family).  When we had Autumn I was soooo excited!!!  When pregnancy number 2 came along I was sooooo excited!!!  However, I wondered can I possibly love this new baby as much as I do my first, Autumn?

Allie's pregnancy was very similar to Autumn's.  I was sick A LOT!!!  I only threw up for the first 5 months with Allie though.  :)  I gained right about 24lbs. with her.  Her due date was September 17th.  I had just started a new job in August and figured I would be able to get through the first 4-6 weeks of school before I had her.  WRONG!!!  Allie was early.  I taught all day, that Friday.  I had lots of pains..but just assumed they were Braxton hicks contractions.  When I got home that night, Mark was going to take Autumn to Russellville to meet my mom so she could keep her for the weekend and Mark and I could have a final weekend alone.  Such a great IDEA!  By the time he got to Russellville I could barely stand up....the pain wasn't awful...but it was tough.  He didn't eat with my mom, like planned, when he dropped her off, but came straight back.  I told him I was fine and again assumed this was a false alarm.  In fact, I told him to stop and get dinner before coming home because I knew he was hungry. He got back from dropping Autumn off around 7:30 and we left for the hospital around 8...at that point my contractions were about 5 minutes apart, but I knew they would send me home, I was wrong.  Allie Paige was born at 10:51 that night.  I received my epidural around 9 and was pain free from that point on.  :)  Allie was 6lbs. 2oz. and was 19 inches long.  She was PERFECT and I immediately knew, I could definitely love a new baby as much as I did my first.



Allie has continued to bless us each day.  Her creativity, spunk, and determination keep us on our toes and in fits of laughter.  I am soooo blessed to have the sweet child in my life and I could not love her more.



My sweet girl celebrates her 6th birthday tomorrow (Sept. 2nd) and I only wish for her all of the happiness and love in the world.....she has definitely made my world a better place!





Have a wonderful night....:)

2 comments:

  1. Great Blog!! I love my AllieBug!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet. She's a cutie. I hope she had a great 6th birthday!

    ReplyDelete