Saturday, September 17, 2011

Complete Randomness.....

It is a cool and dreary Saturday morning and the truth is, I am glad.  It has been a busy week and the fact I don't feel the need to be outside enjoying the fresh air is okay with me (for the moment).  I am happy to be laying on the couch under a blanket thinking about the events of this past week.

Allie had her first soccer game this week.  It was a double-header.  In between the 2 games, she lost her first tooth.  We were so excited!  It had been loose for a while and we had been trying to get it....naturally, it came when it was time.  I was soooo excited for her and so glad I was there for it.  Autumn's first soccer game is today.  I can't wait to watch her play.  There is nothing more important to me than the things my girls are involved in.  I LOVE being there cheering them on!

Yesterday was a good day.  It started with a nice breakfast with Mark from Chick Fil A (you know I loved that), dinner at Larry's Pizza, and family movie night with Thor!!!  It was a great night to just "be."  As silly as it is, one of my favorite things about Larry's is the fact that the girls can go play games and Mark and I just talk...it's almost like  a mini date night.  :)  Thor was a good movie and we even enjoyed some hot chocolate during it.

On a sadder note, I seem to be knowing a lot of people who have been losing loved ones.  My heart has been hurting for all of them.  Last night a sweet 8 year old girl (that I have been following the story of) became the newest angel in heaven.  She had been battling cancer and her fight is now over.  When it comes to cancer, I hate saying someone lost their battle....it gives the cancer too much power in my opinion.  This girl, Morgan Anderson, was a fighter and she has touched more lives than she could ever realize.  I can imagine no greater pain as a mom than losing a child.  Yet, knowing the fight that kids can put up and the faith and strength they show, I can imagine no greater pride as a mom either than knowing your child fought the best they could.  Watching the Glen Rose school district come together has been inspiring.  It has also taken me back to my journey with Miryah.  The pain, the pride, the strength, the anger, the loss, the love.

I was reminded recently reminded by my friend, Jill (through her blog), that my first job is being a mom.  I take no greater pride in anything than my job as a mom.  I will cheer loudly at every soccer game and hold them as much as they will let me.  Though my girls will make me crazy, cause me stress, and have me wanting more sleep.....this is the life I have always wanted and never want to be without.

Have a wonderful weekend.  Hug the ones you love.  :)

1 comment:

  1. That is so sad about the little girl. Makes you remember life is short and precious

    ReplyDelete