Thursday, August 25, 2011

They aren't me.....

According to my memory, I was pretty much a perfect child.  Now, I had my faults (I'm sure), I just don't remember many!  :)  When it came to school, I remember loving it!  I wasn't THE most popular by any stretch, but I was never afraid to go up and try to make a new friend.  I don't remember getting into trouble (very often at least).  I remember having to stand in the hall in 2nd grade because I was trying to motion to a new student (who didn't speak ANY English) that she had to keep her head on her desk, and a teacher from a different classroom saw me and I got in trouble.  But, I was trying to help, right?

My girls aren't me.  They are both precious and I love them more than I can stand....but they aren't me.  I have to remember that sometimes.



Autumn is a LOT like me...chatty, friendly, chatty, a people-pleaser, chatty...:)  But, she is going to get into trouble.  She is, what I like to call, impulsive.  She isn't a bad kid...but she has to miss a recess occasionally, for something impulsive she does.  It makes me crazy.  We try to work on it...but I wasn't that way (at least I don't think I was) so it is hard for me to relate.  I think she should be perfect all the time....Hmmmmm....not going to happen.



Allie is my one who rarely gets in trouble in school (like pretty much never, I hate actually putting that because tomorrow she will probably get into trouble).  But, she is more of a loner.  Not in a bad way.  She told me tonight that she probably won't play with anyone tomorrow because she has played with kids all week and needs a break.  WHAT?  A BREAK from friends...at that age!  OMG!!!  She also said some kids won't ask her to play....broke my heart!  I told her to ask them...she said, "No, I'll wait on them."  WHAT?  I would have walked right up and asked kids to play.



It is hard watching my girls do things differently than I would.  I have to remember, they aren't me.  I love them more than anything and will always be here, supporting them...but they aren't me...and that is okay.  :)

Have a GREAT night!

No comments:

Post a Comment