Sunday, September 4, 2011

Can we do this again, PLEASE?!?! :)

Let me start this blog by saying that I LOVE my girls.  I ADORE my girls.  I would do ANYTHING for my girls.  That being said, I have loved this weekend and my girls are with my mom.  Is that terrible to say? I don't think so.  There are few things I have realized this weekend,

1. I LOVE my husband.  I have realized how much I just enjoy being with him.  We have had a great time.  He went jean shopping with me (and convinced me to buy 2 pairs!!!), we watched football (Go HOGS!), we did our Wal-Mart shopping, we were just together...and I LOVED it.

This is not from this weekend, I just love this pic of us!  :)


2. I was tired.  I slept 12 hours last night and had taken a nap yesterday afternoon.  I knew I was worn down, lots of emotional things had ended recently, school had started, soccer has started, just normal crazy life...but I had no idea how tired I actually was!  Sleep was SOOOO needed!

3. I love food.  I always love food....but I ate whatever I wanted (or what Mark and I wanted) and didn't worry about making sure the girls were happy too.....or forcing them to eat what we may have been eating.  For some reason....I ate a LOT of food this weekend.

Mark and I have had time to ourselves before, we are blessed with people in our lives who are willing to take the girls whenever we need them to.  But, this weekend was different....we didn't have anything we NEEDED to do.  We were just at home.  It was soooo nice.  We still have the rest of tonight and some time in the morning......it has been perfect.  Thank you, Mom!  :)




         *********************************************************************

Just a couple of side notes...not sure what to call these, but things that have been on my mind that I just wanted to share...

1.  Do things that make you happy....buy things that make you happy....I'm not saying to go into debt...but be happy....this is your life and you should enjoy it.

2. So often it is easy to complain or be negative.  Think about the things you talk about during the day, are they positive or negative?  Try to find more positive things to talk about than negative.  Now, believe me I know we all have negative days, but I truly believe we can be happier people if we focus on the positive and don't dwell on the negative.

3. Take time to be with your spouse.  Kids are a blessing, but make sure you focus on the person you have chosen to spend the rest of your life with.....fall in love again and let them know how important they are to you.

I'm more in love with Mark today than when we first got married!  :)


Enjoy the rest of your weekend!  I am planning on it!

1 comment:

  1. Aww, so sweet Darci!

    Can you imagine a month of that? We got that this year when we had to live at Stanford during Marty's transplant.

    We have always worked really hard to spend time together. It's so important.

    I agree with all of your sidenotes!

    ReplyDelete