Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Rain.....

I don't mind a rainy day.  In fact. sometimes I am GLAD for a rainy day.  Rain, of course, is a need.

However, I think rain is a reminder to us as well.  It is a reminder that not everything about life will be happy and sunshiny all the time.  It is a reminder that sometimes we need to let the tears flow or have a gloomy day, or that we just need down time.

Now that Spring is here, I LOVE being outside.  I love to work in the flower beds, or sit outside and read a book, or play with the girls outside.  But, there are things that must be taken care of inside too.  The sunnier and nicer it is....the less I want to do inside.  Rainy days are the days I don't mind staying inside, I don't feel like I am going to miss out on something by not being outside.

Today worked out perfectly.....it's Spring Break and Mark stayed home with us today.  We went and saw a movie, The Lorax, then went and bought a tree that I have been wanting, a pink dogwood.  Then we came home and planted it.  As soon as it was in the ground and we had packed everything up...down came the rain.  It was perfect timing.  It was time to go in and just be.......:)

What I hope my tree will look like someday.  :)


Now, all this being said...several rainy days can be depressing, plus it can causing flooding, and all sorts of other problems.  So, with any luck this rain will be done soon and I can go back out and enjoy another pretty day.

1 comment:

  1. I love pink dogwood trees. So very pretty. I agree, I like rain but love the sunshine. I do more when its warm outside. All of this reminds me, I have major weeding to do outside.

    ReplyDelete