Friday, January 4, 2013

Random Acts of Kindness=Happiness

I've been reading several different books lately that talk about being happier or being a better person.  One underlying theme in all the books, sermons, talks with others, etc. is doing for others.

We have all heard/know that we feel better when we do things for others.  If this is the case, then why don't we do things for others more often?  Now, a few things that I know from experience is that we if we constantly do for 1 person we begin to expect things in return from that person.....so, I think we need to vary the people for which we do things.

One of my favorite things I have EVER received came in the mail came from a friend, Lundy.  One day out of the blue a few years ago she sent me and my family a card letting us know that she and her family had chosen to pray for one family each week and that we were that family for that week.  I can't tell you how fantastic I thought that was.  She was thinking/praying for us....out of the blue!  I love that!  Now, my plan had been to do the same and unfortunately it is still something I need to do...but it is a goal of mine.

We all know a random text, call, phone call, surprise from someone can completely make our day....so why don't we do more of it?

One of my "new" goals for 2013 is a random act of kindness each day for someone.  It could be a card, gift, text, etc.  It can be for someone I know or a complete stranger!  What I should do is a make a list, so I can remember to do it and have a game plan.....we'll see if that part happens....but I will try.  If I know doing this will make me a happier person, then why wouldn't I do it?

Have a GREAT weekend!

8 comments:

  1. I love this idea and it is right in line with my goal for 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an incredibly beautiful idea. I'm taking it up, as well. Share the smiles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful idea! You are such a sweetheart! Always so positive, upbeat, and encouraging.

    ReplyDelete