Monday, November 5, 2012

I want cozy....but how?

My living room......I want it to be cozy....but how do you make it that way?  I've been in so many houses that are so warm and inviting, decorated so nicely, and look like they are well taken care of.  Unfortunately, that's not my living room.

So, my question is....how do you make your living room cozy...warm....inviting?  I have a few ideas and have talked to a few people.  But, I don't want to spend bunches of money and not have it how I want it.  

A few things about my living room....1st, it is rectangle.  Second, TV really only has one spot...at one end of the room.  My fireplace is down by the TV.  We had a picture above the mantle, but have moved it over the couch and that makes a WORLD of difference.  But, now I need something for my mantle....a mirror?  A large clock?  Hmmmm......

Now, it is getting close to Christmas and to be honest, I love my living room at Christmas....I feel it is warm, inviting, cozy....I just don't want to leave my decorations up all year.  :(  

So.......any suggestions anyone has would be greatly appreciated......oh....and any ideas on what to do with all the clutter?  :)

6 comments:

  1. OOOOOHHHHH, this is right down my alley!!! I want to come decorate and cozify your room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you could! My living room needs help! :)

      Delete
  2. On any given day my living room looks like a toy box exploded. I guess it is warm and inviting because it makes everyone feel good about their houses. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Warm colors, finding meaningful trinkets with meaning, a nice piece of art on the wall or a photo gallery.

    ReplyDelete