Sunday, November 18, 2012

Dadgum it, exercise....

To start with, this post is more for me than anyone else.  I am admitting that exercise really does make a difference.  I am also admitting that to make true LASTING changes for yourself you have to make LIFE changes.

The proof....buying smaller size jeans!  Yay!

As most of you know I set a goal of running 500 miles this year.  So far I have run 520 miles.  My average was 10.6 miles a week.  Plus, I continued my other exercise routines.  And....it made a difference.



Now, number wise on the scale.....well, I wish it was a smaller number and at times the fact that it hasn't been a smaller number has been discouraging.  I didn't lose lots of weight all at once....but, over time the changes have occurred and that makes me super happy!

I will also say exercise has become a part of my life.  I am happier when I exercise regularly.  I feel better about myself after I have exercised.  I have more patience after I have exercised.



Now, I didn't write this to tell people what to do and running isn't for everyone, but running isn't all I have done.  But, what I did was change my lifestyle for a goal I wanted.....I didn't do anything for anyone else...this was all for me.  In turn, I am happy!  :)

I still have plenty of work to do, many miles to run, and many planks to hold....but I am happy about the changes I have made and will continue to set new goals.

Now, if I can just make it through the holidays!!!!  :)

Have a GREAT week and Happy Almost Thanksgiving!!!

1 comment:

  1. You're amazing! I started running back on May 4th and though the changes didn't happen overnight (like I wanted) the end result has been amazing and the changes for more permanent after knowing how hard I worked for it! You will continue to do awesome I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete