Monday, July 16, 2012

Me....the REAL me....

It may sound funny, but sometimes I wonder who I really am.  I mean, I know who I am, but am I the person I want to be or used to be?  A lot has changed in my 35 (yikes!!!) years.  I have moved away from home, gotten married, become a teacher, become a mother, made friends, kept friends, lost friends, made new friends, become a soccer mom, a fitness instructor....the list could go on and on....:)

This past week Mark and I went on a 7 day cruise.  It was our 1st ever to go on and we LOVED it!!  We went with some friends and had a FANTASTIC time.  We made some new friends, we climbed waterfalls, laid on beaches, visited Mayan Ruins (that's a whole other blog), enjoyed food whenever we wanted, watched shows, danced, ate, and ate some more...it was FABULOUS.  If you ever get the chance to go on a cruise, I highly recommend it.  I do think it was super fun going with friends.  We laughed so much and had such a GREAT time with them. I know cruising may not be for everyone....but it was perfect for Mark and I.
Us....just being us....:)



This cruise was possibly the most stress-free vacation I have ever had (since becoming an adult).  :)  It sure was nice when my parents used to take us on vacations as kids and they paid.  :)  I truly felt like me again...me as in, Darci.  Not a mom, or teacher, or house cleaner, or cook, or taxi driver...now all of those things I enjoy....but gosh it was fun being just me.  I enjoyed spending time with Mark...it was our time....we couldn't use cell phones on the ship, we never checked e-mails, it was just us time. It was so nice.  We dressed up for dinner, we slept in, we stayed up late, we laughed with friends, we played, we were just us.. and it was so nice.  I didn't feel any pressure, I felt like me.  
Fun with friends....:)


So often once we get married life consumes us, especially once you have kids.  Time with your spouse is priceless.  Time to be an adult and laugh with your spouse and friends is so good for your soul.  I can honestly say that after this vacation, I feel better.  I feel better about me as a wife, as a mom, and just as a person.  I hope that everyone can have those types of getaways.  I know sometimes we say there isn't time, there isn't money....but the truth is, these experiences can happen anywhere.  Mark and I watched the sun set one night over the water and we commented how we could sit and watch this every night, yet we don't take the time.  It was beautiful...the stillness, the colors, the fact we weren't doing anything, but watching the sun set.  I truly hope everyone can enjoy the same type of peace and relaxation I found.  I hope it can be found in the perfect place and perfect time for you....mine just happen to come at just the right time in the Caribbean.  :)
:)


Have a GREAT night!  

3 comments:

  1. Darci, I love your blog! I have been blogging for almost 4 years now! So glad to find yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I just followed yours! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful experience. I'm so glad you had that time together!

    ReplyDelete