Sunday, February 23, 2014

Feelings....nothing more than feelings....

A lot has been on mind lately and since I can't seem to shake it, I figured I would write about it.

Ever since Autumn has been diagnosed I have had more sad days.....now, I still have more happy than sad days, but more sad days than I am used to.  I am not sure if I am more compassionate or less compassionate now.  I tend to notice how some people complain a lot about little things....and how they want a lot of attention about those little things, when I would like people to just ask me about my big things.....like, How is your daughter doing...or maybe even...how are YOU doing?  It's not anything that people need to dwell on....but still, it would be nice.

It is hard being the parent of a Type 1 diabetic.  The truth is, mine is handling it AWESOMELY, which makes my sad days even harder.  She has said multiple times that she likes having it...it makes her feel more special, and that everything she accomplishes she will have done despite having diabetes.  I am beyond proud of her for her amazing attitude, but I still wish she didn't have it.



I try to remember that we are blessed by having insulin in our lives to keep Autumn happy and healthy and then I realize that insulin is keeping her alive and that is a little crazy, when I stop and think about it.  None the less, it is a blessing.

A lot has changed in my family's life in the past 5 months and sometimes I have to remember that too, it has only been 5 months.  I have to remind myself it is ok to have sad moments, but I also know very few people want to be around you on during your sad moments, but it's still ok to have them.

I am very blessed by the family and friends that I have.  I am thankful that my daughter has fantastic friends and that her friends have continued to love her and want to hang out with her, I am thankful for the parents of her friends who have continued to treat her as their own.

I try to be a very positive, up beat person, but sometimes that is tough.  I know everyone goes through stages like this......I hope I can be the friend they need me to be and I hope people know that sad/bad days are ok.....they make the good days that much better.



As everyone tells me....Type 1 diabetes is manageable and my daughter can (and will) be able to live a very healthy and normal life......I just wish she didn't have it.






3 comments:

  1. I wish Autumn didn't have it as well. I know insulin is a blessing. But I had never considered how hard it would be to realize it's necessary to keep your child going. Life is bitter/sweet and I think in this country we really do need to realize that it's okay to be sad and even scared some days. To be otherwise all the time is not realistic.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Darci! I have a quick question! Could you please email me when you have a moment? I greatly appreciate it! :) Hope your day is going well. xoxo Heather hvsj12 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete