Friday, December 30, 2011

Out with the old....

I can't believe 2011 is almost over.  The older I get the faster life seems to go.  This year has been an interesting year.  It has been full of ups and downs, excitement and sorrow, and saying goodbyes and hellos.

Being on Christmas break has been wonderful...I have thoroughly enjoyed being home with Mark and the girls.  However, I am realizing how much my girls are growing up....especially Autumn.  Her Christmas gifts did not consist of lots of toys...instead clothes, a mini fridge for her room, and a whiteboard so she can play school.  She has such adult conversations with us, is a major helper when it is time to clean and is wanting to do more and more "big girl" things.  Now, as much as I LOVE this, it makes me sad.  She is growing up...not quite my little girl anymore.  Now, surely I'm not aging...right.  :(

I have lost several people this past year.  My sweet student girl, Miryah passed away from cancer and my grandfather as well...as well as several other people I knew.  It was a difficult year, which I assume is because the older we get the more relationships that will come and go.

I can't lie, I am okay with the year of 2011 ending, basically because I am anxious to see what the new year holds.    I have a few goals/plans for the next year....but I will save that for a different blog.  I hope you have had a GREAT year!!!

1 comment: